Application for S1 Discretionary Places (2023-24)
1. Application period: 3 -17 January 2023
2. Form submission: Mon-Fri (08:00 -17:00) Sat (09:00-12:30)
3. Application form and supporting documents:
3.1 The application form can be obtained from the school office or downloaded HERE.
3.2 Submission of the completed form and supporting documents can be made in person to the school office or by post/registered mail or via the SSPA-ePlatform of the Education Bureau. For details, please visit https://www.edb.gov.hk/en/edu-system/primary-secondary/spa-systems/secondary-spa/general-info/.
Documents to be submitted include:
a. Application Form for S1 Discretionary Place issued by EDB
b. A photocopy of the HKID card (If applicant was not born in Hong Kong, a proof that the applicant has the right of abode (e.g. one-way permit) is needed.)
c. Photocopies of school reports for P.5
d. Photocopies of school reports for P.6 (First Term)
e. Photocopies of relevant certificates, awards and/or proof of extra-curricular activities (only the 5 most representative items obtained from primary 4 to primary 6)
f. The SSPA e-Platform: Upload the documents (a-e) within the application period
g. Recommendation letters from primary schools are not required.
4. Submit application via post / registered mail:
4.1 Please attach a returning envelope (size: 4’’x 9’’) with a $2.2 postage stamp, the name of the applicant and the correspondence address.
4.2 The postmark date should not be later than 17 January 2023. Late applications and applications with missing supporting documents will not be considered.
4.3 Please post the application form and supporting documents to the following address and specify on the envelope with 'Application for S.1 Discretionary Places (Name of the applicant)'.
「Baptist Wing Lung Secondary School, Phase II, Tai Hing Gardens,6A, Ho Hing Circuit, Tuen Mun」
4.4 Please ensure the correspondence address is correct to prevent the post from being lost or delayed.
4.5 The school will post the Parent's Copy of the application form and a notification of interview (with application number) back to the parents for retention.
B．Admission Criteria & Weighting
Interview (including conduct, extra-curricular activities, awards & performance)
1. All applicants will be granted an interview.
2. The interview will be held on 25 February 2023 (Sat). Any amendments to the date of interview will be posted on the school webpage.
3. Applicants should bring along the notification of interview and be accompanied by a parent / parents for the interview.
4. No written test will be arranged. The interview will be conducted in both English and Cantonese.
5. The interview questions are related to the daily life of the applicants. In Part 1 of the interview, applicants will give a self-introduction in English and questions testing common sense, communication and problem-solving skills may be asked. In Part 2, the interviewer(s) will conduct a conversation with the applicant and his / her parent(s) so as to know the applicant better.
1. The number of discretionary places in 2023-2024 is 40.
2. According to the existing SSPA mechanism, the Application Form for Secondary One Discretionary Place, once submitted, cannot be retrieved or cancelled, and no change can be made to the order of school preference.
3. Parents of successful applications will receive notification from school by letter and phone on 31 March 2023.
4. The results of the Central Allocation will be announced by the Education Bureau on 11 July 2023.
E. Personal Information Collection Statement
The information collected about the applicant will be submitted to the Education Bureau and used for the application procedures only. All personal data of students and their guardians will be kept confidential. All records will be deleted after the procedure is completed.